Find out how your dog could benefit from a McTimoney treatment.Book now
Regular maintenance checks are highly beneficial to help prevent injury, maintain health and optimise performance.
Owners of working dogs often seek McTimoney treatment as injury is common due to the nature of their work. Dogs can also be susceptible to problems caused by excess weight or breed specific conformational and musculoskeletal issues.
Minor issues are usually resolved within 2 or 3 initial treatments whereas more specific problems may require several sessions spread over a few months. Following this, maintenance checks are recommended every 3-6 months depending on the animal’s lifestyle, workload and competition schedule.
How do I know if my dog needs a treatment?
Symptoms to look out for:
- Uneven or unlevel gait
- Stiffness after rest or exercise
- Limping or lameness
- Difficulty going up or down stairs
- Deterioration in performance of energy levels
- Behavioural changes
- Asymmetric muscle tone
- Tripping, stumbling, dragging toes or feet
Common causes of problems:
- Constant pulling on the lead, Halti or harness
- Falls and slips
- Rough play with other dogs and toys e.g. tug games
- Compensation from other injuries
- Repetitive training and other one-directional activities
- Athletic injuries e.g. racing, agility, fly ball
- Altered gait as a result of injury